Tuesday 15 December 2015

Waffle Anyone?



The Count is a huge fan of The Avengers, so when he found this delightful little waffle maker, he was so intrigued that he set out to make breakfast himself! Imagine that! Cook was not impressed with being ushered out of her own kitchen, but he was determined. He can be quite a stubborn man when he is motivated.

 
Now between you and me, I thought this was going to be another one of his little domestic disasters. Alas, it worked out quite well, with only a moderate amount of batter splattered around the kitchen. 
 
The truth is, I am not much of a cook. I know where some of the things are in the kitchen, but I don't use them. I barely know how to boil an egg (all right, that is a bit of an exaggeration), but the Count is always tinkering in there, and getting under foot. I do not know how Cook puts up with him some days, although I am certain it is much worse when I'm in there, watching the Count use his latest gadget. I may not cook, but I am one heck of a cheerleader! And I can read directions like nobody's business. 
 
Oh my, did the waffles turn out wonderful! And it was so easy to use, simply pour the batter in, close the lid and wait 3 minutes. Voila, instant breakfast! In a snappy pattern too. The grooves of Captain America's shield are perfect for holding syrup, jelly or whatever else you like to put on your waffle. The Count filled the grooves with crumbled bacon and soft boiled eggs.
 
Do be careful where you purchase this waffle maker from. Some stores try to sell it for a whopping $130, but if you look carefully, you can find it for under $30.00.
 
This little gadget gets a tiara. And syrup. Lots of syrup.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment