Thursday 3 December 2015

Tracks by KM Tolan - A Gem Waiting To Be Discovered

I found this book by accident on a recent browse of Amazon. The cover drew me in, and then the little writeup enticed me further. A little click and I was on my way into a world of steam trains, hobos and magic.

I won't go into all the nitty gritty details, but suffice it to say, I very much enjoyed this book. The author (KM Tolan) is not only an imaginative writer, but very talented too. He takes something endearing to many people (steam trains) and blends it with a little fantasy and before you know it, you're chasing down the rails right beside him, looking for an elusive steam baron who keeps power by enslaving the very people that has made his train company successful. Sounds a bit like history repeating itself but in a fantasy setting, doesn't it?

I can be a swift reader when I'm captivated by a story, and this one did it for me. It will do it for you too.

This novel earns a tiara and a permanent place on my Kindle.


Lady J

No comments:

Post a Comment